Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Elisabeth Rhode and The Examplarery Hoard

I thought I'd share this pic of  Elisabeth Rhode, another completed project that's awaiting framing.  It's just occurred to me now in looking at the picture that it might be sweet to hemstitch the edges on her before having her mounted and framed  She's such a bold design, hemstitching might just be the final finishing touch for her.  What do you think?.


Elizabeth came to me as an old kit from the Examplary, reproduced by Joanne Harvey.  I won her on e-Bay during my "trolling for hard to find stitching projects" period.  Mercifully, that period has passed, though it was fruitful while it raged.  I managed to score several other old Examplarary kits, including the highly sought Loara Standish, which is still as untouched as an old maid in my stash hoard.  Perhaps I'll actually start her someday, though now that I have her I'm afraid the thrill may have been in the chase...

What am I grateful for this morning?  Enough stuff in my stash to make a single more new purchase unnecessary for the rest of my natural life.

BTW, I too am completely annoyed with the word recognition stuff that Google has imposed on those who'd like to leave a comment.  However, I'm so new to this whole bloggy thing that I'm clueless as to how to turn it off.  Can someone tell me how it's done?    

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I am SO glad to have found your blog. I think that we have lots in common. Looking forward to sharing projects with you.

Lois said...

I think hemstitching would work beautifully around this one. What a nice piece. I'm trying to be good this year and not add to my stitching stash because really I have more than enough to keep me going a lifetime. So far in 2012 I've been good but now that Market is coming up......!!!!