Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chest Clean Out

I thought I'd share progress on Jean Rattray at this point - and I will, very soon - but if I work like a crazy woman on her today, the progress will be that much more dramatic.  And as for Frances Eden...the brick house in the bottom right corner has sucked my will to live for the time being.  I'll get back to her as soon as Jean starts to drag again.  

So instead I thought I'd share pics of another little endeavor I undertook last weekend, something I'm so proud to have gotten out of the way.

I have this awesome little chest I found in an antique mall at home several years ago.  Even though it clearly wasn't an antique, I was charmed by the prospect of all those little drawers and compartments.  Also, the little hanging drawer pulls wave and clatter at the same time whenever the chest is moved, just like the tassles on a belly dancer  Again, that's how my mind works...

.
I keep this little beauty near my stitching spot. Inside the little drawers is where I stash all my stuff - needles, tools, scissors, you name it. However, keeping everything in its designated spot is a challenge, as you'll see by this bit of craziness.

It seemed full scale reorganization was in order.  This mountain of stuff was the entire contents - yikes!


So the first step was to make some tough decisions about what to keep and what to find a new home for.  How did you get in here?


Then I collected up all the lovely huswifes, needle books and stitching purses I've gathered over the years.  One more and they'll need to find a new home as well, I'm afraid.


Next, all my scissors  and fobs went into the other wide drawer.  Guess I can start using my Joann's 40% coupons on something else now...


Then, buttons and other pretties went here...


flossy begs went here...


needles here...


 and what I refer to as the "implements of torture" went here...



'This left just enough room for my favorite tins, full of stitch holders and nibbles for the girls. Turns out, that seashell really wanted to stay in my stitching chest, so it 's now the honored guest.


Life is good!  And for this bit of tidiness, I'm eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Lois said...

What a lovely little chest, Mary. Just perfect for all your stitching things.