Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bloggy Stuff

I've spent a lot of time lately looking at other stitching blogs, mostly as a way to decide whether on not I wanted to take one on myself.  Well, if you're reading this, you can see how that turned out!  But I'v noticed some things - I guess the best word for them is "practices" - that have piqued my interest. This post will give an explanation of my personal version of them.

First off, I've seen posts about a TUSAL, which is basically posting a picture of your floss ends each month at the time of the full moon.  This struck me as really pointless at first, but the more I thought about it, the more intriguing it became.  How mysteriously pagan, paying homage to your stitching at the point when the moon is at its most influential.  So with a little help from Miss Molly, here's my first offering.


 Another practice I plan to uphold?  Audio book reviews, because I've always been a voracious reader.  Now I'm equally so a listener, particularly while out for my walks.  I've already started a list of what I've been listening to.  As each book is begun, I'll add it to the list, and as it's completed, I'll post a quick summary of my impressions.  So look for the first review of "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet", coming in the next post or two.

Lastly, I've seen blogs that always end with a statement of something the blogger is grateful for.  Being a firm believer in the philosophy that what goes around comes around, it seems like a fitting way to spread some goodness.  Toward that end... today, I'm grateful for:

Good weather, good shoes,  and good legs!  And on that thought, I'm off for my walk.... 

No comments: