Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Francis is in the (Light) House!

Hello everyone, I'm actually posting an update!  It's a soggy, drippy Saturday afternoon here, perfect for catching up on stitching and all the blogs I follow.  I'm actually grateful for the dreariness and resulting slow pace this afternoon, given the miles that have been put in since my last update. 

Well, since this is a stitching blog, let's start with Miss Frances Eden first..  Once again, the hectic pace of work and life have kept me from getting too much further with her, but when I put the first stitches in her last house this morning, I knew it was time to celebrate.  Here she is, in all her nearly finished glory. 


And a close up of the progress made since my last post....
 

At this point, I'm hoping that last crazyhouse at the bottom doesn't get bogged down, because I'd dearly love to give Frances her due and move on soon.  Those of you who've completed Frances will know there's a small over one verse stitched at the very bottom of the design, but take a look at this....


I've seriously misjudged the distance from top to bottom. It looks like that bottom edge is coming up waaaayyyy too short for even a single more row of anything.  Am I disturbed by that?  Not in the least.  In fact, in my heart of hearts, I'm relieved about it, because more room down there would have made me feel either compelled to put it in or guilty about not doing so! 

So there's my update on Miss Frances, even though there's not so much to show and tell with her.  Frances took what I hope wil be her final road trip with me earlier this week, but I think I'll save the details of the adventure for my next post.  So much excitement to share with that one!

Besides making it to Frances' crazyhouse, Jim and I also made a return visit to the Ponce  de Leon Inlet Lighthouse last weekend.  A day visiting the area is always a joy, from a distance....
 

 ...to up close and personal.
 

I love all the details we come across, from inside the lighthouse....



....and out.

 

And from top....



 
 

 ...to bottom.


This is the view of our starting point on the jetty, taken back from the walkway at the top of the lighthouse.

 

Well, I'm not done sharing my travel stories, but this does seem like a good place to pause for now.  Hope this finds you dry, rested and enjoying the details of whatever comes your way!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

The colors on your Frances are magnificent! So soft and delicate! lol about that bottom verse. I bet you are happy to skip it! Love the pics from the lighthouse. Wow! What a view, and the lighthouse is gorgeous too!

Krista said...

Great progress on Frances! Love all your lighthouse pics!! What a beautiful view!

marly said...

Frances is such a beautiful sampler. I gave her up years ago because I knew I could not do those motifs. It's perfect even without the bottom line. Thanks for the lighthouse tour!

Barb said...

Frances is just perfect! No worry about that last row. Is that lighthouse near St. Augustine, FL.? Many years ago we lived near Orlando. I loved the day trips up to St. Augustine.

Von said...

I got to visit that lighthouse last year so I really enjoyed seeing your pics! Was it a windy day when you were there? We about got blown over. :D

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Frances is stunning; I love her colors! Visiting lighthouses is so fun!

Erica said...

Great progress on Frances!
She will just be amazing when finished. I love all the color!

Cool lighthouse! I love the brickwork!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Mary, I always enjoy our visits. Frances is looking wonderful. I enjoyed the inside of the lighthouse too! Have a good week.