Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Days Are Numbered

Hi there everyone!  Once again, I'm excited to start a post by welcoming some new followers.  It make my day when I check in and see the number of folks interested in my stitching has gone up one by one.  So glad you're following along!

I don't know if this is really the right thing to start with or not, especially for those who are still shivering away in the frozen northern regions right now.  But I know spring really is on it's way, because it's arrived already this far south.  Here's proof.


We've had a bumper crop of tomatoes growing in our patio pots this season.  Winter days are numbered when it's time to ripen them on an open window sill.  So please hang in there, the warmer breezes really are making their way across the Florida-Georgia state line and will be there for you soon enough!

And speaking of counting the days, they're also getting numbered at long last for Miss Ann Grimshaw.  
 
 
I'm not quite to the final row of motifs, but every number that goes in gets me a little closer.  The lower motif in this picture is the last one on the right side!

 .
I do wish I had more time to work on her because the end is starting to feel like it's touchable now,  Even though these big numbers seemed simple enough, for some reason (bleary eyesight too late in the evening!) I had a hard time keeping them all lined up on the same linen thread.  This straight-forward looking # 4 had to be restitched 3 different times.  Ggrrrrr.....


Ann's name still needs to go in and that's over one, but I'll get frustrated over that when it's the right time for it.  I would love to think the next post you see from me is a finish for Miss Ann, but even just saying that out loud probably diminished the chances of it. So I'll just know that her days continue to dwindle, I'll keep things posted.

Hope your days are sunny and bright!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, Ann is so gorgeous! Wow wow! You all in Florida feel the spring -- I sure don't. I so wish I did. I'm sick of this weather. More snow coming. No spring in sight. Sigh.

Jenny said...

Ann is just lovely, beautiful, stunning...:)I really need to work on mine...soon....You are getting sooooo close...I feel the excitement building...winks

Barb said...

I'm not sure what I like seeing more, fresh tomatoes or Ann almost finished! Both look amazing!

Melissa said...

While we haven't had the snow that many others have had, it still seems weird to be seeing tomatoes coming from your garden!

Ann is looking beautiful!

Carole said...

"Ann" is absolutely gorgeous!

Krista said...

Looks so AMAZING, Mary!! It is beautiful in the variegated thread!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Mary, I wish I was there having a tomato sandwich with you right now! There's no spring in sight up here in the northern hinterlands. Love how Ann is looking these days. You are so very close! You can do it, you can do it (said in my best cheerleader voice)!!

Carol said...

I'm in love with your sampler, Mary!! I'm sure you will have a finish very soon :)

woolwoman said...

WOW Ann is looking soooo beautiful and you will be finished soon. YGG - you are close ! Well we are still having very cold nights here and there in NE FL but I love winter for as long as it lasts - I get so tired of the relentless heat here in FL. Cheers Melody

Lois said...

Oh my word, you are so close to finishing Ann and she is looking stunning! Every time I see her I think I should really stitch her, I have the chart in my stash and it's been languishing there for a while now!

Your tomatoes look lovely! There's nothing nicer than a tomato sandwich!!!! Yum!

Chris said...

Wow I love that sampler, it is beautiful and nearly finished. Well done!
Chris