Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 30, 2012

Stitching, Not So Much

It seems that a number of us have started our latest blog entries with "...I haven't been getting a lot of stitching done lately because..." and I'm not going to buck the tide here. 

I haven't gotten a lot of stitching done lately because Jim and I were frolicking in and around Key West again last weekend!  As always, we had the very best time and returned home Sunday evening as we always do- tanned, tired and anxious to return.  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera so I don't really have any pictures to share.  But let's just leave it to say that we had some new experiences (that means snorkeling off Ft. Zachary Taylor and walking the Bahia Honda bridge) and reconnected with some old favorites (the Key West lighthouse).   Some places just feed the soul.  The Keys provide that nourishment for me.

I have to give a hearty shout-out to Nancy of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe  - thanks Nancy!  She was kind enough to gift me with one of her cool coffee bag kits!  This was my first blogging giveaway, so I was quite tickled to be selected.  Here's what turned up in the mail:


She offered a choice of her 3 kits, but being a Florida girl, I had to go with "Queen of the South".  This will give me the perfect chance to check out her floss and report back on my findings!  Thanks again Nancy, it's going on my shortlist of projects!

Based on the comments I received last time as to which of my Frances projects I should go with, I've made some tentative overtures with Frances Burwell, though we're still in the stage of not quite trusting each other fully just yet.  She's still thinking I will abandon her again for something easier on the eyes.  Little does she know that if she gets too finicky with all her remaining satin stitch pansies, that could be exactly what does happen.  So for what it's worth, here's where we left off last night:


And I thought I'd share this pic of the wild and crazy amaryllis going nuts along our fence line right now.  My mom sent us this plant as a Christmas gift 8 years ago.  When it was done blooming, I didn't have the heart to just chuck it, so Jim planted it along our back fence, thinking we'd never see it again.  Well, not so!  The thing has taken off like wildfire, spreading runners and shooting up like rockets each spring.  Molly just had to get right in the middle of the picture taking...



...while Rubyjust wanted to forget about it.  This is her, wearing her most insistent "Just toss the darn Frisbee!!!" expression:



Whatever you're up to this fine weekend - stitching or not - I hope it's all good!

No comments: