Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 4, 2013

Fruits of the Season

Good morning everyone - happy Monday! 

I've been patiently checking my mailbox (both the real one out front and the one on my computer) for signs of the long awaited Finnegan's Fog order, but nothing yet....sigh.   Until it turns up, Ann Grimshaw is in limbo.  I would have loved to have her finished by New Year's, which is when I started her last January. Unless the silk turns up today and my needle sprouts a pair of wings, that not likely to happen.

But I have managed to keep myself distracted with these fun Prairie Schooler mini-fruits!.  How about an apple...


A pear...

 
.

A pineapple....

 
 
 
and a nice bunch of grapes. 
 



I worked these little goodies up on a bit of R&R Irish Creme from my linen box and whatever DMC and miscellaneous overdyes I could scrounge up.  Stitching them was the easy part, finishing remains to be seen.  Any ideas for me?  I originally thought they'd be Christmas ornaments, but now I'm not so sure. With Thanksgiving and some days off approaching, guess I'll decide soon enough.

And speaking of Thanksgiving, one of my favorite things to do on November 1 is to get these little guys out - my Publix Pilgrims!

 

Several years ago, Publix had a Thanksgiving promotion with them starring in their own holiday ad.  The ad itself has become a sentimental favorite this time of year, even though the sales of little shakers  has run its course.  I love this!



One other bit of the season is this shot of ripe sea oats, taken yesterday on the beach at Ft. de Soto Park.   A cold front came through on Saturday that cleared all the humidity and gray funk out by Sunday morning.  The sky really was this brilliant!



So I'll spend this week looking ahead to the upcoming holidays and counting the days until the long-gone silks arrive for a return to Ann Grimshaw.  Have a great one!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Hope those fibers for Ann arrive soon! I'm waiting for an order to come in, but I don't think I can hold out much longer. lol! Love those fruits though. Very nice! Cute pilgrims too -- such fun! Beautiful oats picture!

Catherine said...

Hope your order comes soon ~ it's not easy waiting! Love your fruits and the Pilgims ~ Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and sadly, so overlooked in these times. With as challenging as this year has been in so many ways, I will definitely be counting my blessings this season...

Lois said...

Waiting can be so hard sometimes - hope the Finnegan's Fog arrives soon! What fun, quick stitches those PS motifs are. I really need to motivate myself to have a finishing day soon - it's not one of my favourite things to do either!

Carol said...

Hope your thread has turned up by now, Mary!! Love that you stitched those cute fruits in the meantime--I've never never seen those PS designs before... You could finish them into little pillows with cording and display at Thanksgiving--a sort of cornucopia of your stitching :) Love those Pilgrims!!

Rachel said...

The mini fruits are lovely! Hope your thread has arrived by now.:)